- Single Stream Recycling
Curbside Recycling Curbside recycling services are available to all Liberty residential customers except apartment dwellers. Please use the cart with the yellow lid for recyclables. See below or on the yellow lid of your cart for a list of acceptable recyclables. The 65-gallon cart should be placed at the curb for pick-up the same day as trash collection. If you do not already have a cart, one can be delivered by calling Allied Waste Services at 816-254-1470.
Recycling for Businesses:Business can also contract directly with Allied Waste for recycling services as part of the City's contract. For more info, call Allied Waste at 816-254-1470.
Drop-Off Recycling Center The curbside recycling program is supplemented with a drop-off recycling program. Residents can dispose of their recyclables throughout the week from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the City’s Public Works facility at 400 Suddarth. View a directional map.
What Can and Can Not be recycled at the curb or recycling center?
Can be recycled
|Can NOT be recycled|
| The same materials that can be recycled curbside can be disposed of at the drop-off Center.
For other recycling resources visit www.recyclespot.org
Please DO NOT recycle glass curbside. Drop off recycling locations in Liberty for glass»
If you have questions about what items can be taken for the curbside program, please call 816-439-4545.
Helpful Recycling Hints
- Flatten plastic, tin and aluminum containers if you need more room in the bin.
- Rinse all containers.
- Remove lids and rings from bottles.
- Make sure all materials, including magazines, catalogs, ad inserts, phone books and brochures, and all items accepted curbside, are placed inside the bin and it is at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
Other Recycling/Disposal Resources
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- Cell phone/rechargeable battery recycling
- RecycleSpot.org - This site's search tool will identify a wide variety of places to recycle, donate, sell or buy used items throughout the Kansas City region