Liberty Parks & Rec Policies
Refunds and Cancellations
- No refunds will be issued after the first class meeting unless the department cancels a class.
- All program refunds are subject to a $10 refund fee.
- The department reserves the right to combine classes as needed or cancel due to low enrollment.
- In-session classes that are canceled due to inclement weather or lack of instructor will be rescheduled at the end of the session. If it is necessary to cancel more classes than time permits at the end of the session, a credit will be placed on file for class participants to use at a future time (must be used within a year of issuance).
- A full refund will be issued within 30 days if the department cancels any class, program, or trip.
- For our swim lesson and camp programs, there will be absolutely no refunds, credits, or transfers 72 hours prior to the start of the first class due to limited class size and availability.
- No refunds will be issues for any trips unless the trip is canceled by the department.
- Credit on file for all programs and services will be available for redemption up to a maximum of 1 year from point of credit.
- Shelter reservations are non-refundable. However, reservations may be transferred to another day and/or location (pending availability) without penalty, up to two weeks prior to the event.
Individual Sport Refund
- Individuals who request a refund prior to the coaches' meeting will receive a full refund minus a $10 refund fee
- After coaches' meeting, the refund will be the registration amount minus a $20 refund fee
- Once schedules have been released, there will be no refunds issued
Team Sport Refund
- Teams will forfeit 10% of the registration fee for dropping out of the league with written notice. If a team does not give written notice prior to the game schedules being released, they will forfeit their entire entry fee.
Inclement weather HOTLINE
- With a new service through RainoutLine.com, you decide how you find out about Liberty Parks and Recreation game or program cancellations.
- Let the system do the work for you by sending you email or text alerts or download the iPhone or Android app so you can check the status of an activity from your mobile phone. Youth can designate what notices you want and when. Log onto www.rainoutline.com
Conflict of Interest
The Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to refuse use of City of Liberty property for activities that are in direct conflict with programs, services, and rentals provided by the department. Violators will be asked to suspend such activities immediately. Use by repeat offenders will be terminated.
The Liberty Parks & Recreation Department provides recreation programs that are open to all. The department seeks and supports participation by all citizens with a variety of interests and abilities. If you or a family member need accommodations or support to fully participate in the department programs, please call 816-439-4360 prior to enrolling to explore available opportunities.
Many of our athletic activities are made possible by the cooperative use agreement with the Liberty Public School District. The district makes gymnasiums and ball fields available to the Liberty Parks & Rec when they are not in use. In turn, the Liberty Parks & Recreation Department provides pool and theater access to the Liberty School District.
Code of Conduct
The Liberty Community Center provides a positive, family-based environment for the community. All facility users are expected to conduct themselves in a manner conducive to that environment. All patrons (pass-holders, rental patrons, and their guests) are expected to adhere to the policies and procedures of the facility. Facility patrons/renters will be held responsible for the actions of their guests. Destruction of property and/or use of abusive language and behavior will not be tolerated. Any behavior in direct conflict with the values upheld by this organization will not be tolerated. Alcohol products and weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited on the property. Tobacco products are strictly prohibited within the confines of the facility. All advertising for activities/events held on the property is subject to Liberty Community Center staff approval. Violators of the code of conduct will be expelled and repeat offenders will have their privileges terminated immediately, both without refund of fees.
The rules for the Liberty Community Center were established and are enforced to ensure that the patrons utilizing the facility have a positive experience. Please help us make your visit to the Community Center an enjoyable experience by following the established facility rules.
The Community Center services are designed to benefit persons of all backgrounds. Fees are based on the cost of providing each service. Scholarship assistance is available to ensure that those residing within the Liberty School District and unable to pay the set fees are able to participate in the Center activities. The process is confidential. Inquiries about our scholarship assistance are welcome at 816-439-4360.
You may register for the Community Center and Parks & Rec programs online, by mail, phone and fax or at the Community Center (using cash, check, or charge card) during open facility hours. Due to the large volume of calls and walk-ins received on the early and open days of registration for each brochure, no fax registrations or voice mail messages can be guaranteed. All programs are scheduled at the Liberty Community Center unless otherwise stated.
Smoking and Tobacco Policy
The Community Center has a no smoking or tobacco products policy. Please follow the guidelines.
Frequently the Parks & Recreation Department takes video or photographs of people enjoying programs, special events, or parks and facilities. These videos and photographs are for the City of Liberty publications, website, social media and/or cable programs. They are used at the discretion of the City of Liberty and become its sole property.
We have always stressed an open door policy and invite our members to talk with us about successes and concerns. We rely on how our members and visitors view us. The suggestion board is located in the lower level of the Community Center near the locker rooms. Please use it! You can also email your questions, suggestions and concerns to us. Let us know how we are doing!
Lost and Found
For items lost at the Community Center, please check with the front desk staff. For items lost at the Fountain Bluff Sports Complex, please call the FBSC office. You can then pick the item up from the complex or the Community Center. All items turned in will be held for one week, after which time items will be donated to a local charitable organization. Liberty Parks & Rec is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Criminal Background Checks
The Liberty Parks & Recreation Department relies heavily on voluntarism to provide sports programs to the youth of our community. The department recognizes the ongoing concern regarding the potential harm to children from unscrupulous persons drawn to youth activities. In an effort to protect children who participate in organized sporting activities with the City of Liberty, the Parks & Recreation Department is requiring criminal background checks be conducted for all youth sports personnel.
All coaches, assistants and volunteers who may be placed in a supervisory role of children must have a current background check on file with Liberty Parks & Rec.
Implementing this practice is recommended by the National Recreation and Parks Association in an effort to make communities safe by advancing optimum volunteer management practices. coaches will be screened on an annual basis through the NRPA's recommended third party vendor.