View a current listing of open positions. Please note that the City only accepts applications for open positions.
To apply for an open position, please follow specific requirements for each job posting. Resumes without application packets are not accepted.
Application packets usually consist of:
- Employment Application
- Supplemental Application
- Veteran’s Preference Points Form
- Job Description
Note: There is no residency requirement, except for identified positions.
Your application score will determine eligibility for the next step in the process. The hiring process may consist of written exercises, panel interviews or other testing appropriate to the position.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you require assistance to learn more about specific opportunities, please contact the HR & Risk Management Department at 816.439.4440. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
Notes for completing an effective application:
- Carefully read the job posting to make sure you are eligible to submit an application.
- Read the entire job description. We have included this information to help you in this process.
- Follow all directions. Answer all questions accurately, provide relevant information and submit all required forms/materials by the closing date and time of the job posting.
- Remember, failure to submit complete applications by the application deadline will result in your application not being considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the City that all employment decisions are made solely on the basis of merit. Further, the City is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition or disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under the law.