Liberty Silver Center
Socialize and Stay Engaged
Located at the Liberty Community Center, the Liberty Silver Center is a place where older adults (60+) come to socialize, participate in activities, special events and enjoy a hot nutritious meal. The Silver Center is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
With a wide variety of activities, the Silver Center is designed to meet a variety of needs and social interests and offers plenty of opportunities to exercise your mind and body!
This program is designed to help mature drivers. During the class they will promote conversations about driver safety and get information on community mobility. This class will help your safety and the safety of others on the road!
- Date: Thursday, Oct. 12
- Time: 11 a.m. - 1:40 p.m.
Do you have questions about your utility bills? Evergy will be here to answer any questions you have and make sure you understand what you are paying each month.
- Date: Wed., Oct. 18
- Time: 10 - 11 a.m.
Cell Phone Education 101
Learn how to use your cell phones to get the full benefits of its functions! Learn how to be as "smart" as your Smart Phone.
- Date: Wed., Nov. 15
- Time: 10:45 a.m.
Monthly Activities and Menu Calendar and Quarterly Activity Guide
- July - September 2023 Activity Guide
- Oct. - Dec. 2023 Activity Guide
- Sept. 2023 Activities & Menu
- Oct. 2023 Activities & Menu
- The center offers a wide range of activities, including card playing, Bingo, board games, special scheduled outings and monthly birthday celebrations.
- Wellness Wednesday health workshops, Bible Study and Grief Support are scheduled on a regular basis.
- Exercise and aquatic classes taught by certified instructors are available each day.
- Day Trips are also a fun was to experience the Liberty and Kansas City area with your friends. Day Trips »
- A hot meal, prepared by a local caterer is available to center participants for lunch starting at 11:30 a.m.
- Advance reservations are required by noon the day prior to your arrival and can be made by calling 816.439.4368.
- A donation of $2 is suggested.
Need A Ride?
Call the Liberty Access Bus at 816.439.4397 to schedule a ride. Transportation for adults 60 and older is provided within the city limits of Liberty free of charge. Physically challenged individuals (ages 18-59 with current Social Security Disability Award) who do not have access to their own transportation may also utilize Liberty Access for a nominal fee.
Check out the following communication channels to stay informed on all things related to the Silver Center:
- Weather Cancellations - Call the Rainout Line at 816.735.4700 ext. 4. You can also visit the Rainout Line online for updated info.
- The website - www.libertymissouri.gov/LPR
- Facebook - www.facebook.com/LibertyMissouri
- The weekly city-wide News Flash email - Sign up online
- Monthly Parks & Rec Destination Connection email - Sign up online
- Emails from the Silver Center staff - if you would like to be added to the Silver Center email list, please email Brigitte