Well maintained flower beds are a strong reflection of a city's sense of pride. The Landscaping Program coordinates beautification across the city using flowers, grasses, and shrubs. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Planting, watering, weeding, and enhancing flowerbeds in city parks, City Hall, and the Community Center.
- Designing, planting, and maintaining landscape beds in select medians, roadsides, bumpouts, and roundabouts throughout the city.
- Supervising volunteer landscaping stewards to assist with flowerbed maintenance activities.
- Planting and maintaining flowerbeds in medians, bumpouts, roundabouts, and parks.
- Partnering with businesses and organizations to sponsor or adopt flowerbeds.
- Providing opportunities for public education on plant selection and care.