Youth Soccer Programs
At this time, registration is available for our spring rec soccer leagues starting Jan. 4. Liberty Parks & Rec continues to work with the Clay County Public Health Center and Sporting Missouri Valley on a successful implementation of spring sports. The health and welfare of our players, families, coaches and staff is our top priority. As this situation remains extremely fluid, we will continue to post updates if there are any changes to the status of our leagues. In the event of a cancellation, a full refund or credit of file will be available.
Liberty Parks & Rec is continuing its partnership with Sporting Missouri Valley and Sporting KC to continue to grow the sport of soccer in the Northland by offering recreational leagues, camps, clinics and training. Sporting KC is offering Sporting Stripes, an introductory program, for ages 2-5, and Sporting Missouri Valley is offering youth recreational divisions for ages 5-14. Player development is our number one goal and we believe that if you focus on individual development, you will see the results on the field.
REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE JAN. 4 - MAR. 1 FOR THE REC. LEAGUE
Click the tabs for more information about each league.
If you are on a mobile device, please scroll down to view other leagues.
Mar. 8 - May 15, 2021
- Practices start the week of Mar. 8
- Games start the week of Mar. 27
- 8 game schedule on Fridays and Saturdays
- Boys and girls divisions, U6-U15 (ages 5-14)
- Each player will receive a full kit including jersey, shorts and socks. We provide soccer balls, cones and practice jerseys to coaches. Players are responsible for cleats and shin guard’s.
- Games are played at Capitol Federal® Sports Complex Map»
- Practice times will be offered throughout the week at various locations in Liberty Parks and Liberty School District locations.
- Registration deadline is Mar. 1
- Teams in this league are coached by volunteers
- Free coaching education & support provided by Sporting MV & Sporting KC
- Free practice curriculum & support provided by Sporting MV
The recreation programs are dependent upon volunteer coaches. Sporting MV and Sporting KC will be providing free coaching education, practice curriculum and support for all coaches. If you would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please contact Tyler McManus, Assistant Director of Coaching, Academy Affiliates.
For more details on coaching with LPR, check out our coaching opportunities.
Apr. 3 - May 8, 2021
- For boys and girls ages 2- 5
- 6 week session
- Saturday mornings at 9 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
(Sessions are 50 min. on Saturdays at Capitol® Federal Sports Complex) Map»
- Ratio is (10:1) Players to coach
- All coaches are trained by Sporting KC youth soccer department
- Argyle Stripes: ages 2-3 (Parent-Child class)
- Sporting Blue Stripes: ages 3-4
- Indigo Stripes: ages 4-5
- Learn More»
If you have any questions or would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please contact Caleb Dachtler, Leader, Youth Programs.
You will be directed to the Sporting KC registration page where you will create and activate an account through SportsEngine
ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY
If you need any assistance to participate in a sports program, please check out the Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation Scholarship Programs. These scholarships can make LPR programs and activities more accessible by partially covering the cost of current registration fees for youth who qualify.