Youth Soccer Programs
Registration is available Jan. 3 - Feb. 28, 2023 for the LPR Rec League
Liberty Parks & Rec (LPR) is continuing its partnership with Sporting Kansas City Youth Soccer and Sporting City North to offer various soccer programs to the players and coaches of the community to enhance their soccer experiences. Through this partnership, Sporting City North will manage the LPR recreation soccer league, host camps and clinics for the youth players and offer coaching education opportunities for recreation league coaches.
Click the tabs for more information about each league.
If you are on a mobile device, please scroll down to view other leagues.
LPR Rec Soccer League
March 26 - May 13, 2023
- Practices start the week of March 7
- Games start the week of March 26
- 8 game schedule on Saturdays
- Boys and girls divisions, Kindergarten - 8th Grade (ages 5-14)
- Each player will receive a jersey. We provide soccer balls and cones to coaches upon request. Players are responsible for socks, shorts, cleats and shin guard’s.
- Games are played at Capitol Federal® Sports Complex Map»
- Practice times will be offered throughout the week at various Liberty Parks and Liberty School District locations.
- Registration deadline is Feb. 28
- Teams in this league are coached by volunteers
- Free coaching education, practice curriculum and support provided by Sporting City North
The recreation programs are dependent upon volunteer coaches. Sporting City North will be providing free coaching education, practice curriculum and support for all coaches. If you would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please email Lucas Engle.
Saturday, April 1 - May 6, 2023
- For boys and girls ages 2- 5
- 6 week session
- Saturday mornings at 9 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
(Sessions are 50 min. on Saturdays at Capitol® Federal Sports Complex) Map»
- Ratio is (10:1) Players to coach
- All coaches are trained by Sporting KC youth soccer department
- Argyle Stripes: ages 2-3 (Parent-Child class)
- Sporting Blue Stripes: ages 3-4
- Indigo Stripes: ages 4-5
- Learn More»
If you have any questions or would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please contact Rachel Lammers, Coordinator, Sporting Stripes.
If you need any assistance to participate in a sports program, please check out the Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation Scholarship Programs. These scholarships can make LPR programs and activities more accessible by partially covering the cost of current registration fees for youth who qualify.