Youth Soccer Programs
Liberty Parks & Rec (LPR) has partnered with Sporting Kansas City Youth Soccer and Sporting City North to offer various soccer programs to the players and coaches of the community to enhance their soccer experiences. Through this partnership, Sporting City North will manage the LPR recreation soccer league, host camps and clinics for the youth players and offer coaching education opportunities for recreation league coaches.
Click the tabs for more information about each league.
If you are on a mobile device, please scroll down to view other leagues.
March 7 - May 14, 2022
- Practices start the week of March 7
- Games start the week of March 26
- 8 game schedule on Fridays and Saturdays
- Boys and girls divisions, U6-U15 (ages 5-14)
- Each player will receive a full kit including jersey, shorts and socks. We provide soccer balls, cones and practice jerseys to coaches. Players are responsible for cleats and shin guard’s.
- Games are played at Capitol Federal® Sports Complex Map»
- Practice times will be offered throughout the week at various Liberty Parks and Liberty School District locations.
- Registration deadline is Feb. 28
- Teams in this league are coached by volunteers
- Free coaching education, practice curriculum and support provided by Sporting City North
The recreation programs are dependent upon volunteer coaches. Sporting City North will be providing free coaching education, practice curriculum and support for all coaches. If you would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please email Tammy Stauffer.
Apr. 2 - May 7, 2022 [SOLD OUT]
- For boys and girls ages 2- 5
- 6 week session
- Saturday mornings at 9 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
(Sessions are 50 min. on Saturdays at Capitol® Federal Sports Complex) Map»
- Ratio is (10:1) Players to coach
- All coaches are trained by Sporting KC youth soccer department
- Argyle Stripes: ages 2-3 (Parent-Child class)
- Sporting Blue Stripes: ages 3-4
- Indigo Stripes: ages 4-5
- Learn More»
If you have any questions or would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please contact Rachel Lammers, Coordinator, Sporting Stripes.
If you need any assistance to participate in a sports program, please check out the Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation Scholarship Programs. These scholarships can make LPR programs and activities more accessible by partially covering the cost of current registration fees for youth who qualify.