Youth Soccer Programs
Liberty Parks & Rec, Sporting Missouri Valley and Sporting KC are continuing to grow the sport of soccer in the Northland by offering recreational leagues, camps, clinics and training. Sporting KC is offering Sporting Stripes, an introductory program, for ages 2-5, and Sporting Missouri Valley is offering youth recreational divisions for ages 6-14. Player development is our number one goal. We believe that if you focus on individual development you will see the results on the field.
Recreational Soccer League- Spring
- March 9 - May 16, 2020
- Practices start the week of March 9
- Games start on March 21
- 8 game schedule on Fridays and Saturdays
- Ages: boys and girls ages 5-14
- Divisions: boys and girls, U6 - U15
- League Rules & Regulations »
- Coaching: Teams in this league are coached by volunteers
- Free coaching education & support provided by Sporting MV & Sporting KC
- Free practice curriculum & support provided by Sporting MV
- Location: Fountain Bluff Sports Complex Map»
- Practice times will be offered throughout the week at various locations in Liberty Parks and Liberty School District locations.
Coaching Information: The recreation programs are dependent upon volunteer coaches. Sporting MV North and Sporting KC will be providing free coaching education, practice curriculum and support for all coaches. If you would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please contact Jacques Tournoy, Sporting MV North Director.
For more details on coaching with LPR, check out our coaching opportunities.
Sporting KC is offering Sporting Stripes, an introductory program, for ages 2-5 that creates a safe and fun learning environment for children to become engaged with soccer at its foundation. Children will practice reaching basic early developmental milestones in balance, coordination, socialization and emotional development.
- March 28 - May 16, 2020 (6-week sessions)
- Ages: boys and girls ages 2- 5
- Class Times: 9 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
(Sessions are 50 min. on Saturdays at Fountain Bluff Sports Complex) Map»
- Ratio: (10:1) Players to coach
- All coaches are trained by Sporting KC youth soccer department
- Argyle Stripes: ages 2-3 (Parent-Child class)
- Sporting Blue Stripes: ages 3-4
- Indigo Stripes: ages 4-5
- Learn More»
If you have any questions or would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please contact Tyler McManus, Leader, Youth Programs.
You will be directed to the Sporting KC registration page where you will create and activate an account through SportsEngine
ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY
If you need any assistance to participate in a sports program, please check out the Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation Scholarship Programs. These scholarships can make LPR programs and activities more accessible by partially covering the cost of current registration fees for youth who qualify.