Health & Wellness
Welcome to Liberty Parks & Rec Health & Wellness Division! We hope we can help guide and encourage you on your wellness journey with the many fitness programs and classes we offer. Our certified fitness professionals are passionate about helping create a healthier community.
Wellness Reboot: June 1-July 17
After a year of shut downs and closures, it's time for a reboot. The Wellness Reboot program is designed to get you back on track the right way, with a unique experience that addresses all aspects of your health based on your current fitness level and your individual health and wellness goals. With Wellness Reboot, you will have access to certified personal trainers, nutritionists, small group exercise training opportunities, assessments to track your progress, supplemental workouts and much more! Learn more and register »
BOD POD-Body Composition Analysis: July 10
Knowledge is power! Knowing your body composition including lean muscle mass, percent body fat and resting metabolic rate gives you the power to start focusing on total body health and wellness which, research has shown is much more important than weight alone. The BOD POD is a state-of-the-art piece of test equipment that has been used by many prestigious health institutions, professional sports teams and NCAA Division I organizations. Register on or before June 19 and use the discount code BOD21 and get $10 OFF! Learn more and sign up »
Click the tabs for more detailed information.
If you are on a mobile device, please scroll down to view additional information.
- Group Exercise Classes
- Personal Training
- Evidence-Based Programs
- Virtual Exercise Classes
- Weight Room & Wellness Center
Private Personal Training
Semi- Private Personal Training
Life is always more fun in pairs! Participants in two-on-one sessions should have similar fitness goals for the trainer to develop a comprehensive program. Semi-private training allows for additional accountability and motivation to stay on track and obtain your goals.
Group Personal Training
More successful working as a team? Small group personal training could be just what you need! Four teammates will work out, motivate and encourage each other in a 6-week group training package.
Current Classes Available:
- Diabetes Self-Management
- Chronic Pain Self-Management Program (CPSMP)
- Walk with Ease (WWE)
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP)
- Aging Mastery Program (AMP)
This project was funded in part by an award to the Missouri Association on Area Agencies on Aging through a grant from Prevention and Public Health Fund given by the US Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Community Living.
- All of our group exercise fitness classes are drop-in classes, which means you can attend them at your convenience and are first come first served. Space is limited and reservations are available for classes 2 days in advance and recommended to attend.
- The Liberty Community Center (LCC) has included a Virtual Pass with your membership allowing you to work out with your favorite instructors from the safety of your home. The virtual classes will be offered through a closed Facebook group available to LCC, SilverSneakers®, Active & Fit and Prime members. It will feature livestreamed exercise classes and videos as well as small group exercise classes through Zoom. These workouts and wellness posts will be sorted by units and available after the livestream to watch in the future. Zoom classes will be limited in number and will require a reservation which can be made via the registration link in the Facebook group.
The weight room is an indoor and outdoor space around 3200 square feet featuring dumbbells (2.5-125 lbs.) adjustable benches, 2 squat racks, cable crossover machine and an outdoor training space.
The wellness center features cardio equipment consisting of treadmills, power mills, cross trainers, stair-climbers, stationary bikes, spin bikes, rowing machines, and more. The strength training equipment in the wellness center offers selectorized and free weight equipment allowing you to work your chest, back, arms and legs.