Adopt A Family
Each year more than 350 families and more than 100 other households apply for assistance from the Liberty Community Christmas Tree program.
Volunteers are needed to help shop for gifts for the families and deliver the gifts, along with provided boxes of food, to the family. Adopting a family is easy!
Attend a shopper meeting to select a family. Families are distributed on a first come, first served basis. Meetings will be held on the following dates:
- Nov. 23 - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - at the Liberty Community Center
- Nov. 24 - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - at the Liberty Community Center
- Nov. 30 - 6 p.m. - Heritage Hall, 117 W. Kansas St, Liberty MO
- Dec. 1 - 6 p.m. - Shoal Creek Elementary School, 9000 N Flintlock Rd, KCMO
- Dec. 2 - 6 p.m. - 117 W. Kansas St, Liberty MO
If you are unable to attend one of these meetings, please contact the LCCT program coordinator to make other arrangements.
- Bring your valid drivers license with you to the meeting.
- Call the family you have adopted to ask what their children would like for Christmas.
- Purchase gifts for the children using the gift card given to you at the meeting.
- Wrap all gifts and label each one clearly with the child's name.
Bring gifts with you to Heritage Hall (117 W Kansas) to pick up the boxes of canned goods collected for the family on Saturday, Dec. 11.
- Take the gifts and food to the family's home and wish them a happy holiday.