Wastewater Treatment Facility Information
- April 7, 2017: On Friday, April 7 the Liberty City Council and guests celebrated the opening of the City’s new $78.3 million Utilities Operation Center and wastewater treatment facility.
The Liberty Utilities Operations Center includes the wastewater treatment facility, administration offices, a testing laboratory and maintenance facility. This is the largest single investment to the City’s infrastructure to date. Grand Opening Photos»
- Fall 2016: The construction for the Wastewater Treatment facility and infrastructure improvements is nearing a point to allow for the facility to be tested and tuned to take sanitary flow. The contractor is installing equipment and completing finishes to the buildings and facilities
- July 25, 2016: City Council approved a contract amendment with Goodwin Bro. Construction to include additional scope, including the construction of a new West Trunk Sewer main.
- August 19, 2015: Official groundbreaking for the Liberty Utilities Operations Center.
- Located on 26 acres west of Birmingham Road near the southern City limits, the Liberty Utilities Operations Center will include the wastewater treatment facility, administration offices, a testing laboratory and maintenance facility. This is the largest single investment to the City’s infrastructure to date.
- The City has worked to maximize Liberty’s investment in this new facility. Using a design-build process, the City selected Goodwin Brothers as the contractor for the project with a not-to-exceed fixed cost. City staff also worked with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources to secure a low-interest State Revolving Fund loan, will save an estimated $40 million in interest expenses when compared to conventional bonding sources.
- July 20, 2015: City creates Facebook event for the construction of the Liberty Utilities Operation Center where people can follow the progress of the project.
- People can also watch the progress through a live feed webcam.
- September 29, 2014: The Liberty City Council approved contract with Goodwin Bros. Construction Co. for design and construction of the City of Liberty wastewater treatment facility.
- April 15, 2014: 3 design-build teams selected to respond to the City's Request for Proposals:
- Burns and McDonnell/CAS Constructors
- Goodwin Brothers/CMT
- March 7, 2014: Meeting for design and construction industry members , along with related industry partners. The presentation focused on the request for qualifications and provided information on the procurement process and preliminary project schedule.
- February 28, 2014: City of Liberty issues a Request for Qualifications for Design-Build Procurement (PDF).
- February 2014: Contracted for technical engineering services with Veenstra & Kimm, to assist in developing performance criteria, establishing metrics, and substantiation/affirmation of design and constructed improvements of the Wastewater Treatment facility project.
- November 2013: Contracted with Acquisition Consultant, DesignSense Incorporated, for expertise and assistance in evaluation, selection and contracting for acquiring the Wastewater Treatment Facility and Conveyance Improvements.
- August 6, 2013: Liberty voters approved the issuance of $95 million in bonds for the construction of a wastewater treatment facility and improvements to the conveyance system by 91%.
- June 2013: Wastewater Treatment Facility and Conveyance Facility Plan completed
- 2012: Wastewater Treatment Facility Feasibility Study completed