Building Permit Information
Building permits can be obtained on the 3rd floor of the Liberty City Hall, which is located at 101 E Kansas Street, or by submitting the application and any applicable plans via email. If your plans exceed 20MB, please call 816-439-4534 or send us an email to request our secure file sharing link.
- Residential applications: we require one (1) electronic or physical set of construction plans and a site plan (if applicable).
- Commercial applications: we require one (1) electronic set and two (2) physical sets of construction plans and a site plan (if applicable).
For all building permit applications, the following information must be included with the building plans:
- Footing and foundation design including width, depth and location of frost footing.
- Location and size of all internal piers.
- Material used for foundation wall and maximum depth of unbalanced fill around foundation.
- For wood framed floors, live loads being supported, size and type of joists (sawn or engineered) span and spacing of joists, minimum required grade of joists.
- Span, material, size of all beams.
- Wood walls - size, grade, and spacing of studs, size, span and material of all headers.
- Type of lateral support of walls.
- Wood framed roofs - live loads being supported, size and type of members, spacing and grade with type of lumber.
This information can be submitted on drawings as supplemental notes.
PLEASE NOTE: All contractors must be licensed with the City of Liberty before a permit will be issued. Contractor/Craftsman Business License info and application»