Meeting Room Rental Information
|Facility||Tables & Chairs||Chairs Only||Open Floor||Non-Member Rate||LCC Member Rate*|
The meeting rooms are very busy spaces. Availability changes without notice as events, classes and programs are scheduled frequently by several staff members. Call 816-439-4361 to check availability. Remember, what is available one day could change the next day.
Dates and Time Ranges
- A minimum two-hour rental period is required.
- IMPORTANT: The start time you reserve becomes the earliest time anyone with your group may enter the room - such as to decorate, deliver food or setup equipment. Be sure to reserve enough time for your needs. Any time you do not reserve may be reserved by others.
- Reservation times are firm. Unused time is not refunded.
- Rental requests for major holiday dates (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter) are dependent on staff availability.
- A minimum one-hour gap is required for our cleaning crew between any two events in the same room.
- After-hours reservation requests, especially those crossing over midnight into the next day, will initially be placed 'on hold' until sufficient staff can be confirmed to work the event. This might not be possible for short-notice requests (less than two weeks).
Food and Drink
- You are welcome to provide all desired food and non-alcoholic beverages for your event, to permit others to bring food, to hire a caterer from our list, or to hire any caterer of your choice.
- Alcohol service is permitted if A) your event meets these Alcohol Service Requirements; and B) you complete an Application for Alcohol Service at least four weeks in advance; and C) you prepay the $50.00 application fee. (FYI, the fee is refunded in full if City Council does not approve your application.)
- Although room rentals do not include exclusive kitchen access, shared kitchen use is typically possible assuming coinciding groups graciously interact.
When making your reservation, please tell us which of these basic room layout designs is closest to your desired design. Later, we will email you a room diagram for you to arrange as desired. Our crew will setup complimentary tables and chairs according to your diagram.
Important setup notes:
- Most table decor and free-standing room decor is permitted. However, decor which affixes to walls, ceilings, doors or windows is generally not permitted - especially where any tapes, adhesives, hooks, tacks or screws would be involved.
- Common open-flame candles candles are not permitted. However, electric candles and candles floating in non-flammable water-filled vessels are permitted.
- Please bring your own extension cords and power strips.
- If renting one of the Center's video projectors, please bring whatever device you use to play your video media (laptop, tablet, DVD player, etc.) - assuming it has a common output like HDMI, VGA, or composite video.
Other Center Amenities
- Anyone with a Center pass - daily or annual - may use the Center's gymnasium, pools, locker rooms, hot tub, sauna and wellness center.
- See the pool and gymnasium schedules for open use times (when classes are not scheduled).
- If you desire exclusive use of gymnasium or pools, these may be rented after the Center's usual closing hours.
Discounts, Packages and Other Notes
- If your event exceeds $1,000.00 in rental charges, a Large Event Discount will apply.
- See Youth Party Packages for more details.
- 'Risk' events (high capacities, alcohol, multi-days, etc.) require a refundable Security Prepayment.
- Certain 'risk' events may require hiring off-duty officers to serve as safety personnel.
- See a Sample Rental Agreement for specific details.
Reserve a Room Now
Call the Welcome Desk receptionist at 816-439-4361. Open hours are 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday; 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday; and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. If busy, please leave a message. The receptionist will need the following details:
- Your basic contact information (name, address, mobile and/or home numbers).
- Your preferred email address(es).
- Your desired date(s), room(s) and time range(s) - starting from the time someone first needs inside the room (First-In) to begin your setup and preparation, until all have left (Last-Out).
- Desired optional rental amenities, if any (below).
- Your choice of one of ten basic starter diagrams, whichever is closest to your desired layout.
- Full reservation payment by phone, using any major credit card.
- Or, if preferred, you may visit the Center in-person to purchase your room reservation by check, cash or credit
|Round tables, 60" diameter (40 available)||no charge|
|Rectangle tables, 8' x 2.5' (24 available)||no charge|
|Easel (2 available)||no charge|
|Flip chart (1 available)||no charge|
|Coat racks (3 available)||no charge|
|Screen, ceiling-mounted (one in each room ,except Board Room)||no charge|
|Sound system - 4 wired microphones, CD player, 1 wireless lavaliere microphone, jacks for player (1 available)||$25/day|
|Portable video projector (1 available)||$50/day|
|Blue Room video projector (1 available)||$50/day|
|Coffee and water station - includes cups, sugar, creamer, stir sticks, napkins (2 available)||$15 each/day|
|Speaker's lectern (1 available)||$5/day|
|Building/Guest Attendant (anytime a reservation extends beyond regular Liberty Center hours)||$20/hr|
|Lifeguard (when hosting more than 50 swimmers)||$20/hr|
|Sound Technician (3 hour minimum, when requested for special sound needs)||$20/hr|