LPRF Scholarship Programs
The Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation is pleased to provide a scholarship assistance for programs administered by the Liberty Parks & Rec Department. This program is designed for children who, without financial assistance, would not have the opportunity to participate in the Department’s youth activities or Liberty Community Center memberships. The scholarship program provides greater accessibility by partially covering the cost of current fees for youth who quality.
What Type of Assistance Will I Receive?
Scholarships are awarded using the same criteria as the LPS free/reduced lunch program. Families receiving a scholarship may receive financial assistance up to 75% of the cost of the program in which the youth is enrolling.
Also, in partnership with Dick’s Sporting Goods, scholarship recipients may also receive sports equipment assistance (as needed and if registering for soccer, basketball, baseball/softball, flag football, volleyball, or swim team). This assistance will be in the form of bonus bucks to Dick’s Sporting Goods to use for sports equipment.
What Programs Are Eligible?
- All group youth programs offered by the Liberty Parks & Rec Department are eligible.
- If a child chooses to play in a competitive sports program, the value of the percentage assistance of the same recreational league sport will be provided for a competitive sport.
- Parents, please note that many competitive sports require additional fees beyond registration fees. Scholarship assistance is provided to assist with registration fees only.
- Memberships to the Liberty Community Center that include a child are also eligible.
- Individual/private swim lessons are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Who Can Apply for Scholarship Assistance?
- Families residing within the Liberty Public School District with children old enough to participate in the program in which they are applying for scholarship assistance.
- Primary Qualifier
- All children within the family will qualify based on the income standards of the free/reduced lunch program guidelines
- Free lunch program 75% assistance; reduced lunch program 50% assistance
- Secondary Qualifier
- Families/children that live within the LPS District but do not attend public school but qualify for the Federal Food Stamps, WIC, and/or Medicaid program may also apply.
- A new application is required each calendar year.
- Each child may receive assistance for three programs annually.
Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis for eligible recipients. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All scholarships are subject to availability of funds and program space.
- Please allow 10 business days for the approval process and notification once all documentation has been received.
- Please provide all required documentation when submitting the application.
- If applicant does not attend Liberty Public Schools, please include proof of Liberty School District residency (i.e. utility bill) along with the application.
- All documentation may be submitted by any of the following:
- Upon approval notification, the remaining payment may be made by check, cash, money order, or debit/credit cards. If check, make payable to the Liberty Parks & Rec Department.
- For questions or additional information regarding the scholarship program, please call 816.439.4365 or email
Support Your Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation
Tax deductible donations are always appreciated.
- Foundation funds are held with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation in an account designated solely for Liberty Parks & Rec.