CARES Fund Small Business Grant Program
At its meeting on Sept. 28, the Liberty City Council approved up to $250,000 for a Small Business Grant Program for eligible small businesses within Liberty city limits.
The grant program will be administered by the Clay County Economic Development Council (CCEDC). Small businesses within Liberty can apply for grants up to $10,000 to reimburse businesses expenses related to COVID-19.
The program is designed to assist small businesses with COVID-19 related expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and Sept. 30, 2020. Expenses can include payroll, rent, mortgage interest, utilities, inventory replacement and COVID-19 supplies. Grant funds cannot be used to replace lost revenues.
- Must be physically located in Liberty.
- Must have a valid 2019 and 2020 Business License (or 2018 and 2019 depending on the individual business’ license renewal requirement dates).
- Must be a public-facing and was directly impacted by the ‘Stay at Home Order’.
- Does not have any outstanding liens or fees owed to the City of Liberty.
- Businesses or property owners that have no outstanding Code Violations as verified by the Code Enforcement Division of the Planning & Development Department.
- Business exceeds 50% gross sales of alcohol, tobacco, CBD, vapor or vapor related products
- Business type listed as:
- Consumer Marketing
- Dealers of rare coins or stamps
- Gambling / Adult Entertainment
- Government owned
- Illegal firms
- Lending firms / Loan packaging firms
- Multi-sales distribution
- Pyramid / Multi-level marketing schemes
- Real estate investing firms
- Religious Institutions
- Speculation-based business
- Corporate-owned National Franchises
Grants will be awarded first to::
- Businesses with 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees, and;
- Businesses with $2.5 million or less in annual revenue.
- Businesses that have not received other Federal COVID-19 relief funds (e.g. Payroll Protection Program)
Use of Funds
- Grant funds can be used for expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and Sept. 30, 2020 payroll, rent, mortgage interest, utilities, inventory replacement and COVID-19 supplies.
- Grant funds may also be used to purchase necessary protective equipment for employees and customers
- Grant funds cannot be used to replace lost revenues.
- Grant applicants must provide documentation for eligible COVID-19 expenses.
- Grant fund information is considered public information and will be published.
- Grant fund expenditures may be audited at a future date.
- Liberty CARES Act Small Business Grant Information Sheet»
- Liberty CARES Act Application
Grant applications will be accepted from Oct. 1 to 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 30. Applications must be submitted to the Clay County EDC. Please email all information to Juliel@clayedc.com with the subject: Liberty Grant Application.