With Liberty Police urging caution after a report of suspicious men approaching pre-school age in Liberty, Liberty Public Schools offered some great tips for parents to discuss with their children.
• Role-play with your children how someone might approach them to offer candy, ask for help, or if see they'd like to come and meet their new pet. Then teach your children to say "no" firmly and to walk away.
• Remind children that strangers look like normal people. Sometimes children may think strangers only look like "monsters".
• Tell children not to approach a motor vehicle for someone asking directions.
• If someone follows your child, the child should scream loudly and run away.
• Tell your children to tell you if someone has asked them to keep a secret from you.