Beginning at 9 am. On Dec. 1, a private company will begin transporting a piece of heavy equipment through Liberty, requiring some temporary road closures.
Affected roads in and around Liberty include:
- E. Mill Street, between Main Street and Lightburne
- Lightburne, from Mill Street to Glenn Hendren
- Glenn Hendren, from Lightburne to MO Rte 291.
- Rte. 291, from Glenn Hendren to Liberty city limits / NE Cookingham Drive
- NE Cookingham Drive to MO Rte 169.
- MO Rte 169 to NW 128th Street.
The equipment will be loaded onto a 193’, 22-axled system that includes two trucks, one in the front and one in the back, and a series of trailers. Once the equipment is loaded onto the trucks/trailers, the company estimates it will take approximately six hours to move through Liberty. They will have traffic control assistance from the Liberty Police Department within Liberty and other public safety agencies throughout the move.
To avoid driving delays, we encourage you to use alternate routes to avoid these areas between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.