Liberty Parks & Rec Staff will make the following updates to the Stocksdale Dog Park this Spring:
- Reseeding both sides of the dog park.
- Pouring a concrete sidewalk from the parking lot and into the small dog side.
- Expanding the concrete pad around the water spigot.
- Bringing in more gravel to fill in low areas that currently collect water.
- Cleaning all of the concrete, benches, shelter area, etc.
- Removing the broken obstacle course (some of this is already underway)
- Add updated signage to the dog park
- An Eagle Scout will install a community pet food pantry
To accomplish this, the dog park will be closed for two months starting on Monday, April 3 and reopening around Memorial Day. This will allow the grass seed enough time to grow substantial root to withstand the heavy dog traffic.
In the meantime, we hope you and your fur friends will enjoy the Anderson Dog Park at Ruth Moore Park (on N Morse Ave in Liberty) or explore neighboring dog parks such as Waggin Trail Dog Park in North Kansas City and Century Bark Dog Park in Excelsior Springs.
To help get the work started, Parks & Rec will be hosting a clean-up on Saturday, April 1, 9 a.m. - noon at the Stocksdale Dog Park. Volunteers will help pick up dog waste, clear brush and clean leaves out of the fence line. We will provide gloves, trash bags and leaf bags. Volunteers should come with rakes and hand tools if you have them. Questions about the workday can be directed to Erika Brant at firstname.lastname@example.org.