Can I conduct a business in my home?

A home occupation and home office must be licensed and considered secondary to the residential use of the home. Business can only be conducted within an enclosed living area and there can be no outside storage having to do with the business. The home must maintain the residential character and customers or clients are limited. Specific requirements can be found within the Home Based Businesses Summary Guide and Section 30-80.1 of the Unified Development Ordinance. More information about home based businesses is available online here »

Home Based Businesses Summary Guide

Show All Answers

1. How do I find the zoning for my property?
2. Do I have to get a permit to work on my house?
3. Can I construct a detached storage building or garage?
4. Can I conduct a business in my home?
5. Does the City require a permit for a fence?
6. Can I place a temporary sign on my property?
7. How do I apply for a Temporary Use Permit?
8. How do I get permission to have a Block Party in my neighborhood?
9. I live in a residential neighborhood. Can I have chickens in my backyard?