How can I dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)?
Liberty Area residents may participate at no charge in the Regional Household Hazardous Waste collection program. This includes access to permanent facilities in Kansas City and Lee's Summit, plus access to a mobile event held in Liberty each fall.

Permanent Facilities
Kansas City Facility
4700 Deramus
Open Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Appointments are required
Call 816.513.8400 to schedule a time an appointment

Lee's Summit Facility
2101 S.E. Hamblen Road
Open April through November from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the first Saturday of each month.
Appointments are required
Call 816.969.1805.

The following is a list of sample items that can be disposed of safely at the permanent facilities:
Lawn and garden chemicals
Paints and paint related products
Automotive fluids
All types of batteries
Household Cleaners
All types of fuels and solvents
Fluorescent tubes

Please keep waste materials in their original containers and do not mix them.

For more information on HHW collection facilities or mobile events, visit

Show All Answers

1. When is my trash, recycling, and yard waste pick-up day?
2. What CAN and CANNOT be recycled curbside?
3. Can I recycle glass?
4. How can I dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)?
5. Where can I dispose of tree limbs?
6. Can I use my own cart and old recycle bin?
7. Why do we have so many recycling carts?
8. Why are the carts so large?
9. My cart is broken. How can I get a replacement?
10. What do I do with my carts if I am moving or relocating?
11. What are the benefits of a carted collection system?
12. Do we need to set the carts out in a special way?
13. Do my recyclables need to be bagged and tied?
14. Do I have to take advantage of curbside recycling?
15. What does this cost me?
16. How do I return the yellow lidded recycling cart if I don't want the cart and/or don't want to use curbside recycling collection?