Liberty Meals on Wheels
Liberty Meals on Wheels focuses on caring for individuals whose diminished mobility makes it hard to shop for food, prepare meals or socialize with others. People who are mobile enough to join others for meals in a group setting are encourage to do so. Liberty Silver Center serves a daily lunch and has many activities to keep seniors moving and socially involved. Seniors or disabled persons who are less mobile may qualify for Meals on Wheels home delivery.
New Recipient Information
Meals will be delivered by our volunteer drivers Monday – Friday between approximately 11:15 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Meals are prepared by Liberty Hospital and consist of a hot portion, cold portion and a drink. Reduced sodium and sugar diets are available.
- Recipients are billed at the end of each month at a cost of $3.25 per meal.
- If recipients wish to cancel a meal they must do so by Thursday of the week prior.
Liberty Meals on Wheels New Recipient Application »
Liberty Meals on Wheels needs regular drivers and substitute drivers to deliver more than 300 meals on a weekly basis. "Regular" drivers are those who can commit to delivering meals once a week for an extended period of time. "Substitute" drivers are called on about once a month to fill in when the regular drivers are unable to deliver on their usual day,
- Liberty Meals on Wheels delivery runs Monday – Friday from approximately 11 a.m. until 12 p.m.
- Each volunteer driver is assigned a route which consists of 2 - 6 stops within the city limits of Liberty.
- Depending on the day a route can take anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes to complete.
- Meal containers and route clipboards are picked up and returned to Fire Station #1 (200 W. Mississippi St.)
Meals on Wheels also utilizes volunteer help for a variety of other positions, outside of the core meal delivery service:
- Phone Buddies: Help combat the loneliness and isolation that some seniors may feel with a phone call to uplift their spirits
- Holiday Cards / Gifts: A simple card or craft goes a long way to brighten the day of our Meals on Wheels recipients.
- Snow Squad: shovel driveway and sidewalks for home bound seniors in Liberty
- Spring Clean Up: Help with yard work in the spring/summer
More information about all of our volunteer opportunities is available online »
To sign up to volunteer, print and fill out our Volunteer Application»
Make Sure Seniors Are Not Forgotten
Each donation to Liberty Meals on Wheels helps to deliver a notorious meal, a friendly visit and a safety check to seniors and disabled persons in our community. Each donation protects seniors’ rights to independence, feeling safe in their home, companionship, aging in place and to nourishing meals.
To make a donation, please fill out the Donor Form and return to: Liberty Community Center, 1600 S. Withers Road, Liberty, MO 64068
If you have any questions regarding the Liberty Meals on Wheels program feel welcome to contact the Meals on Wheels Coordinator, Hailey Kenkel, at 816-439-4398 or by email»