Community Center Policies
Facility Holiday Hours
The Community Center will observe the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day: Closed
- Easter: Closed
- Memorial Day: Open noon - 6 p.m.
- Independence Day: Open noon - 6 p.m.
- Labor Day: Open noon - 6 p.m.
- Veterans Day: Regular hours
- Thanksgiving Day: Closed
- Christmas Eve
- (on a weekday): Open 5 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- (weekends): see calendar
- Christmas Day: Closed
- New Year’s Eve
- (on a weekday): Open 5 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- (weekends): see calendar
- Check class schedule for holiday classes
All persons entering the facility must purchase an annual, seasonal or daily pass except those persons observing children in a paid class. Membership cards cannot be shared with others. The photo associated with the card dictates ownership of the membership. Memberships and pass prices»
Conflict of Interest
Liberty Parks & Rec reserves the right to refuse use of City of Liberty property for activities that are in direct conflict with programs, services and rentals provided by the department. Anyone not following the policy will be asked to suspend such activities. Any repeat occurrence's will receive additional disciplinary action. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please note that the Liberty Community Center is not staffed to provide individual child supervision. Please do not drop children off and leave them unattended.
Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied and directly supervised by a parent or adult guardian. Unattended minors will be expected and directed to comply with the safety directions of the staff in all situations and specifically in the event of an emergency. Thank you for your cooperation.
Wellness Center Age Requirements
- Children 5 and under are not permitted in the functional area, cardio, strength area and weight room. Child Watch is available complimentary to members and day pass users for children ages 3 mo. - 8 years.
- Children ages 6 - 8 years old may use the functional area at the bottom of the stairs in direct supervision of parent/guardian at all times. Youth orientation required. Children 6 - 9 will not be permitted in the cardio, strength area and weight room. Child Watch is available complimentary to members and day pass users for children ages 3 mo. - 8 years.
- Children ages 9 - 12 years old may use the Wellness Center equipment in direct supervision of parent/guardian at all times. Youth orientation required. (Equipment use will be determined by proper height restrictions)
- Youth ages 13 - 14 years old may use the Wellness Center equipment unsupervised and attend group exercise classes. Youth orientation required to use Wellness Center.
- Youth ages 15 years old may use all Wellness Center equipment, Weight Room equipment, outdoor fitness and attend group exercise classes unsupervised. Youth orientation required to use Wellness Center and Weight Room.
Youth Fitness Orientation
All youth ages 6-15 years old are required to complete a youth fitness orientation to use the Wellness Center. They will be trained how to properly use several pieces of strength training and cardiovascular equipment by a wellness coach. They will be introduced to basic muscle anatomy, exercise concepts, guidelines, gym etiquette and safety practices and shown what equipment is allowed for their age. Once the orientation is complete, youth will be permitted to utilize select pieces of equipment and designated fitness areas either directly supervised or unsupervised based on their age. To schedule a Youth Fitness Orientation or to find out more information, please contact the welcome desk at (816) 439-4360.