Aquatics and Swim Programs
Liberty Parks & Rec offers a variety of swim lessons and aquatic programs that are designed for participants of all ages and ability levels. Whether it is your first time in the water or you are training for an upcoming triathlon, our swim programs assure a lifetime of enjoying water activities.
Click the tabs for more info on each aquatic program.
If you are on a mobile device, please scroll down to view all programs.
- Group Swim Lessons
- Private Swim Lessons
- Competitive Swim Programs
- Specialty Aquatics
- Storm Swim Team
Group Swim Lessons
ages 6 mo. and older
- Learning to swim is an important life skill at any age. Develop swimming competency, confidence and endurance in a safe and fun environment. We offer a variety of group swim lessons for ages 6 months and older on either Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday and Thursday or Saturday.
Fall 2020 Indoor Lessons
6 classes | 40 min.
- Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday
- Session 1: September 14-30
- Session 2: October 7-27
- Session 3: November 2-19
- Session 4: November 30-December 16
- Saturday Classes
- Session 1: September 19-October 24
- Session 2: November 7-December 19
- $50 LCC Members
- $55 Non-Members
- (all group lessons except Aqua Tot)
- Aqua Tot
- $45 LCC Members
- $50 Non-Members
- (30 minute class)
Liberty Storm Swim Team
ages 5 - 18 yrs
- The Liberty Storm Swim Team, which has been swimming out of the Liberty Community Center since 1993, has taken home 14 championships in the last 15 years. As a B/C developmental team in the Metropolitan Community Swimming Association, the Liberty Storm stresses fundamentals, good sportsmanship and fun!
Liberty Storm Swim Team Cancelled
With the release of Clay County Public Health Center’s COVID-19 recovery plan for COVID-19, Liberty Parks & Rec (LPR) has been developing plans to slowly and responsibly reopening facilities, amenities and programs.
With concerns and restrictions in place regarding gatherings, LPR has made the tough decision to cancel the upcoming summer season for Liberty Storm Swim Team. LPR values the health and safety of all participants and spectators and given the steps in the CCPHCC’s recovery plan, we would be unable to fully provide the experience that LPR strives for and our customers expect.
Storm staff are currently working on additional small group competitive programming that will allow us to safely provide other outdoor swim opportunities. Staff will continue to evaluate the situation, and notify you of any new programs.
For those that have already registered for swim team, LPR will apply a credit to your "household" in RecTrac. This can be used on future LPR programs and services by any individual in the household. If you would like to receive a refund, please fill out this online refund form and our administrative staff will work with you to process your refund*.
*If you paid with cash or check, your refund will be issued in the form of a check and may take up to two weeks. Credit card payments will be applied back to the credit card used.