Weight Room & Wellness Center
81-NEW- Wellness Center Age Requirements
- Children 5 and under
- Are not permitted in the functional area, cardio, strength area and weight room. Child Watch is available complimentary to members and day pass users for children ages 3 mo. - 8 years.
- Children ages 6 - 8 years old
- May use the functional area at the bottom of the stairs in direct supervision of parent/guardian at all times. Youth orientation required. Children 6 - 8 will not be permitted in the cardio, strength area and weight room. Child Watch is available complimentary to members and day pass users for children ages 3 mo. - 8 years.
- Children ages 9 - 12 years old
- May use the Wellness Center equipment in direct supervision of parent/guardian at all times. Youth orientation required. (Equipment use will be determined by proper height restrictions)
- Youth ages 13 - 14 years old
- May use the Wellness Center equipment unsupervised and attend group exercise classes. Youth orientation required to use Wellness Center.
- Youth ages 15 years old
- May use all Wellness Center equipment, Weight Room equipment, outdoor fitness and attend group exercise classes unsupervised. Youth orientation required to use Wellness Center and Weight Room.
Youth Fitness Orientation
All youth ages 6-15 years old are required to complete a youth fitness orientation to use the Wellness Center. They will be trained how to properly use several pieces of strength training and cardiovascular equipment by a wellness coach. They will be introduced to basic muscle anatomy, exercise concepts, guidelines, gym etiquette and safety practices and shown what equipment is allowed for their age. Once the orientation is complete, youth will be permitted to utilize select pieces of equipment and designated fitness areas either directly supervised or unsupervised based on their age. To schedule a Youth Fitness Orientation or to find out more information, please contact the welcome desk at 816.439.4360.
Click the tabs for more info on each category.
If you are on a mobile device, please scroll down to view all amenities.
- Wellness Center Age Requirements
- Weight Room & Outdoor Training Area
- Wellness Center
- Equipment Upgrades
Youth ages 6-15 years old - Youth Fitness Orientation Required
An orientation is required for all youth ages 6-15 prior to being granted use of the wellness center. The youth fitness orientation is designed to educate on basic muscle anatomy, exercise concepts, guidelines, gym etiquette and safety practice for the cardio and weight equipment in the Liberty Community Center. Investing in your child’s safety and health is one of our top priorities. Each orientation is age specific and will need to be completed prior to next level access.
- Youth ages 6-8, must attend the orientation with a parent/guardian. Once orientation is complete, the youth may use the functional training space at the bottom of the stairs in direct supervision of a parent/guardian. All other areas of the wellness center are for ages 9 +.
- Youth ages 9-12, must attend the orientation with a parent/guardian. Once the orientation is complete, the youth may use the age-appropriate equipment in direct supervision of parent/guardian. (We will not allow day pass users without parents to complete the orientation or use the wellness areas outside of the pool and basketball gym.)
- Youth ages 13-14, are required to complete the orientation and will be allowed to use the wellness center and attend group exercise classes with or without a parent/guardian supervision.
- Youth age 15 are required to complete the orientation and may use the wellness center, weight room, outdoor space, all fitness equipment and attend group exercise classes without direct supervision.
To schedule a Youth Fitness Orientation or to find out more information, please contact the welcome desk at 816.439.4360.
Available for anyone 15 and older
Weight Room - NEW in 2019
Outdoor Training Amenities - NEW 2020
- Rogue boxes
- Tractor tire
- Torque tank all terrain sled
- Battle rope
- Triceps dip bar
- Pull up bar
- Muscle up bar
- Barbell station
- Adjustable bench
- Medicine ball target
- Resistance bands
- Strength bands
- Jump ropes
-NOW AVAILABLE!- Companion Care Locker Room & Fitness Center Expansion
The Liberty Community Center has received some upgrades by adding a companion care locker room & fitness center expansion. The two amenities are part of the Use Tax projects approved by voters in April 2018. The project started on August 19 and finished in early January 2020. The family locker room is 300 square feet featuring two changing rooms and the fitness center is an indoor and outdoor space around 3200 square feet.
Complimentary Equipment Orientations
If you're just starting out or would like a refresher on all of the equipment, our staff will provide a complimentary equipment orientation designed to help you become acquainted to our wellness center and weight room. Please contact the welcome desk to schedule your appointment.
Aerobic exercise is most effective in providing cardiovascular endurance benefits, increasing lung capacity and burning stored fuel.
- 6 Life Fitness Cross-Trainers with in-screen TV
- 2 Life Fitness Power Mills with attachable TV screen
- 8 Life Fitness Treadmills with in-screen TV
- 2 Life Fitness Treadmills with attachable TV screen
- 2 Life Fitness Stair-Climbers with attachable TV screen
- 1 Schwinn Airdyne Stationary Bike
- 2 Life Fitness Stationary Bicycles with attachable TV screen
- 3 Life Fitness Recumbent Bicycles with in-screen TV
- 1 Concept II Rower
- Octane Fitness Lateral
- Octane Fitness Smart Stride
- Octane Fitness X-Ride
The Nautilus, Cybex, Flex and Paramount selectorized and free weight equipment are easy and efficient forms of weight training designed to tone and shape your body as well as increase muscle strength and endurance.
- 3 Paramount Machines
- 7 Cybex Machines
- 3 Nautilus Machines
- 2 Life Fitness Machines
- 6 Hammer Strength Machines
- Multi-purpose rack Jones Smith Machine
- Incline/Decline Benches
- 2 Flat Benches
- Back Extension
- Chin/Dip/Leg Raise
- Decline Ab Bench
- Gravitron Assisted Dip/Chin machine
- Exercise Mats
- Thera-bands and medicine balls
With ongoing facility and equipment upgrades at the Liberty Community Center, at times the technology, as well as the utilization of the equipment is hard to follow. We will do our best to explain the upgrades, as well as to educate their capabilities to make sure that everybody feels comfortable utilizing our facility.
Life Fitness Discover Touch Screen Console
With the majority of the cardio equipment being updated to the Life Fitness Discover Touch Screen Consoles, you are now able to utilize new age technology to help guests accomplish your fitness goals. Some of the upgraded technology includes:
*Treadmill Only Option