Qualified senior citizens / disabled individuals are eligible for a 15% reduction in their water and wastewater rates on their utility bill.
Who qualifies for the credit?
(must provide proof of all of the eligibility requirements listed below)
- Individuals who participate in the State of Missouri property tax/rent rebate program for certain seniors and disabled individuals.
- A copy of a filed, current tax year Property Tax Credit Schedule (MO-PTS) or Property Tax Credit Claim (MO-PTC) form serves as proof of participation for the City program.
- Example: If you are applying for a credit in 2018, you would need to provide a 2017 tax form
- To learn more about the program:
- The utility account must be in the credit recipient's name.
- The recipient's name must also be the name found on the Missouri form.
How do I apply for the City Utility Bill Credit Program
- Bring a filed copy of the current MO-PTS or MO-PTC to the cashier’s window at Liberty City Hall, 101 E. Kansas.
What else do I need to know?
Senior citizens in Liberty are also eligible for a discount on their trash charge. Learn more»
- The program runs annually from May 1 to April 30.
- As long as the program is in place, you will need to reapply every year by April 30 to ensure there are no lapses in your credit program.
- You will start receiving the 15% credit on your water and wastewater bill rates the month after we verify that you meet the credit program’s requirements.
- Liberty will not apply rate reductions to already issued utility bills.