- Parks & Recreation
- How Do I?
- Liberty Parks & Recreation Foundation
Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation
The Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation was established in 2006 to create a parks expansion fund for neighborhood parks, green space, and to provide financial assistance to aid low-income youth and families to access programs through scholarship assistance.
The Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation (LPRF) provides individuals, families, businesses and other organizations the mechanism to financially contribute to the parks and recreation programs, projects and services benefiting the Liberty community.
To maintain or increase the parks and recreation service level, provide the ability to acquire property, develop, expand and renovate new public facilities and make major capital investments.
All kids deserve to have a fun, safe place to play where they feel like they belong. When children are active, they increase their chances to grow up healthy, feel good about themselves, build friendships, develop skills like teamwork and respect, and are more likely to succeed in school and in their future careers.
- “No child turned away due to inability to pay.” LPR sports and programs provide our kids the opportunity to play, shape life values, and interact socially, all in a safe and encouraging environment. The Foundation funds a scholarship program for children and families supporting LCC memberships, LPR programs, and youth sports.
Sustaining Our Parks
- LPRF is committed to supporting the continued improvement of our Liberty Parks, including our playgrounds, trails, and our healthy play spaces.
- LPRF supports our Liberty Performing Arts Theatre through improvement projects, expanded programs, and community collaborations committed to advancing the arts.
- We support our community partners through shared program and facility collaborations with Liberty Public Schools, Liberty Hospital, Clay County Public Health Center and other community partners.
Why do We Need a Foundation?
The LPRF will allow for the development and implementation of highly desirable programs and projects that would otherwise be beyond the scope of traditional funding sources.
Foundation funds are held with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation in an account designated solely for Liberty Parks & Rec.
All donations are tax deductible and you will receive an annual report at the end of the campaign year recapping funds raised and outlining how funds were used.