LPRF Annual Campaign
The Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation (LPRF) was established to create a parks expansion fund for neighborhood access to parks and green space, and to provide financial assistance to aid low-income youth and families to access programs through scholarship assistance.
The LPRF Annual Campaign allows for the development and implementation of highly desirable programs and projects that would otherwise be beyond the scope of traditional funding sources. Annual Campaign Presentation »
The LPRF is launching its 3rd Annual Campaign May 1-July 31 to support the programs and services offered by Liberty Parks & Rec. We are committed to funding services for kids, families and the Liberty community. This year, your contribution will support:
- “No one turned away due to inability to pay.” The LPRF funds a scholarship program for kids and families supporting Liberty Community Center memberships, Parks & Rec programs and youth sports.
- Through 2018, more than 840 kids have been awarded scholarships totaling $50,300
- Inclusive Play
- In addition to scholarships, fundraising in 2019 will be focused on the purchase of an inclusive play feature for the new City Park.
- The LPRF is committed to supporting the continued improvement of our Liberty parks, including our playgrounds, trails, and our healthy play spaces.
- Foundation funds are held with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation in an account designated solely for Liberty Parks & Rec.
All donations are tax deductible and you will receive an annual report at the end of the campaign year recapping funds raised and outlining how funds were used.
- Raised $66,674
- LPRF Golf Tournament: $13,791 (youth scholarships)
The LPRF annual fundraising campaign allows for the development and implementation of highly desirable programs and projects that would otherwise be beyond the scope of traditional funding sources. This year’s funds will be used for:
- Additional AED for the lower level of the Liberty Community Center (completed)
- Additional shade structure for the outdoor pool (in progress)
- A new dog park (location TBD by the Liberty Parks & Rec Board) (in progress)
- Stair lighting repairs in the Liberty Performing Arts Theatre (in progress)
- Raised $50,000
- LPRF Golf Tournament: $9,900 (youth scholarships)
With these generous donations, LPRF was able to support the following Parks & Rec projects and improvements that would otherwise not be possible with only public funding:
- New lobby furniture at the Liberty Community Center (LCC) (completed)
- Audio and video upgrades for the Liberty Performing Arts Theatre (completed)
- New playground outside the LCC (with additional funding provided by the Parks Special Obligation Bond) (completed)
- Shade structure at the LCC outdoor pool (completed)
- New play equipment geared for 2- to 5-year old children installed at one of Liberty's existing park playgrounds (in progress)
Past Foundation Projects
- Construction of the Liberty Dog Park in Stocksdale Park
- Construction of the Bad Rock Creek Disc Golf Course in Stocksdale Park
- Construction of the Isley Memorial Shelter at the Liberty Dog Park
- Construction of a play area and equipment in Arthur’s Hill Park
- Purchase of lighting equipment for the Liberty Performing Arts Theatre
- Installation of memorial benches across the park system
- Installation of benches in the city-owned cemeteries
- Planting of memorial trees across the park system
- Annual scholarships that provide financial assistance for youth programs and activities
- Printable PDF »