LPRF Annual Campaign
About the Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation
The Liberty Parks & Rec Foundation (LPRF) was established to create a parks expansion fund for neighborhood access to parks and green space, and to provide financial assistance to aid low-income youth and families to access programs through scholarship assistance.
We are excited to launch our 2023 Annual Campaign to support the programs and services offered by Liberty Parks & Rec. We are committed to funding services for kids, families, and the Liberty Community.
The 2023 Campaign Chairs are Dan & Wanda O'Dell.
When you click the button above to make a donation, you will be directed to the LPRF Donation Page and payment processor. Under "Donation Funds" please select "Annual Campaign" from the drop down menu.
All donations to the LPRF are held with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation in an account designated solely for Liberty Parks & Rec. All donations are tax deductible and you will receive an annual report at the end of the campaign year recapping funds raised and outlining how funds were used.
How Donations Are Used
Scholarships for Kids & Families
The Foundation's primary goal is raising funds to support scholarships to ensure kids' families, and our community have the opportunity to participate in the department's youth activities or provide memberships to the Liberty Community Center. Since the scholarship for activities program began in 2009, more than 1,948 scholarships have been awarded and more than $160,386 has been used to provide financial assistance.
Funding for Projects & Programs
The LPRF also focuses on the development and implementation of highly desirable programs and projects that would otherwise be beyond the scope of traditional funding sources. The 2023 fundraising focus will be announced soon!
Since the LPRF started the Annual Campaign in 2017, we have raised more than $437,000 providing scholarships and the completion of many projects throughout Liberty's Parks.
Click the tabs below for more detailed information on the LPRF's fundraising efforts over the last several years. If you are on a mobile device, please scroll down to view additional information.
2018 Campaign - $80,465
- Donations: $66,674
- LPRF Golf Tournament: $13,791 (youth scholarships)
- Additional AED for the lower level of the Liberty Community Center
- Additional shade structure for the outdoor pool
- A new dog park (location TBD by the Liberty Parks & Rec Board)
- Stair lighting repairs in the Liberty Performing Arts Theatre
2017 Campaign - $59,728
- Donations: $47,093
- LPRF Golf Tournament: $12,635 (youth scholarships)
- New lobby furniture at the Liberty Community Center (LCC)
- Audio and video upgrades for the Liberty Performing Arts Theatre
- New playground outside the LCC (with additional funding provided by the Parks Special Obligation Bond)
- Shade structure at the LCC outdoor pool
- New play equipment geared for 2- to 5-year old children installed at one of Liberty's existing park playgrounds