The mission of the Liberty Access Bus is to help citizens age in place and we strive to help the older and disabled residents of Liberty maintain their independence and remain in their homes for as long as possible. To ensure that our mission is upheld, priority will be scheduling of essential trips.
Transportation on essential trips for adults 60 and older is free of charge. Physically challenged individuals (ages 18 - 59 with current Social Security Disability Award) may utilize the Liberty Access Bus free of charge thanks to a MEHTAP Grant. See information about purchasing a coupon book below.
Access Bus trips are available only within the city limits of Liberty. All buses are lift accessible for those unable to climb stairs.
- Rides to the doctor, grocery store and pharmacy are considered essential trips.
- Reservations are required.
- Doctor visits can be scheduled up to three weeks in advance, and grocery store / pharmacy visits up to two weeks in advance.
- Ongoing medical treatment such as dialysis, cancer treatment and physical therapy appointments can be made for the duration of the treatment.
- Trips to the bank, or non-grocery stores are available as space permits.
- Non essential trips can be scheduled up to two days in advance.
- 1 coupon is required for each segment of a trip for all riders, regardless of age. See information about purchasing a coupon book below.
Liberty Access Bus Coupon Books
- Coupon books cost $10 for 10 rides.
- Coupon books can be purchased at the following locations:
- City Hall
101 E Kansas
Liberty, MO 64068
- Liberty Community Center
1600 S Withers Road
Liberty, MO 64068
- Or can be mailed by calling City Hall Finance Department, 816-439-4450
- The Liberty Access Bus drivers do not carry any cash and can not accept payment on the bus.