- Public Works
- Engineering Division
Capital Improvement Projects
Capital Improvement Projects (CIP's) are City projects that improve, maintain, upgrade, replace or add to City Public Infrastructure. The selection of CIP's is based on studies, staff knowledge of existing infrastructure, public requests, safety concerns and future infrastructure needs. CIP's can range from Public Streets, Public Storm Sewer, Public Sanitary Sewer and Public Water Projects. CIP's are funded either by the City or through a partnership of the City and State/Federal agencies such as the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT), Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) or Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
City Engineering Staff is responsible for:
- determining viability of proposed CIP's
- selecting and recommending CIP's for implementation
- procuring grant funding for CIP's
- posting Bid Advertisements, Requests for Qualifications and Requests for Proposals for CIP's
- developing and administering design and construction contracts
- preparing Design Criteria and Technical Specifications
- conducting CIP construction inspections
- oversight of the various Permits for Public Works.
- The most commonly applied for Public Works Permits include Land Disturbance Permits and Right of Way Permits. All Permits for Public Works can be applied for on the City Online Permit Portal.
Ongoing Capital Improvement Projects:
For questions on Capital Improvement Projects email or call 816.439.4503
Public Improvement Plan Review
City Engineering staff in conjunction with the Department of Planning and Development review development plans to ensure they meet the minimum threshold of Adequate Public Facilities. Adequate Public Facilities are required per the Chapter 30 of the Code of the City of Liberty.
In order to be approved Public Improvements Plans (PIP's) are required to:
- follow the Procedure for Public Improvement Plan Submittals.
- adhere to the respective City of Liberty minimum design criteria such as:
- Design Criteria for Road Improvements
- Design Criteria for Water Line Improvements
- Design Criteria for Sanitary Sewer Improvements
- storm improvements are required to meet the minimum requirements of the following adopted city standards:
For questions on Public Improvements Plan Submittals and Review email or call 816.439.4503