Capital Improvement Projects
Capital Improvement Projects (CIP's) are City projects that improve, maintain, upgrade, replace or add to City Public Infrastructure. The selection of CIP's is based on studies, staff knowledge of existing infrastructure, public requests, safety concerns and future infrastructure needs. CIP's can range from Public Streets, Public Storm Sewer, Public Sanitary Sewer and Public Water Projects. CIP's are funded either by the City or through a partnership of the City and State/Federal agencies such as the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT), Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) or Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
City Engineering Staff is responsible for:
- determining viability of proposed CIP's
- selecting and recommending CIP's for implementation
- procuring grant funding for CIP's
- posting Bid Advertisements, Requests for Qualifications and Requests for Proposals for CIP's
- developing and administering design and construction contracts
- preparing Design Criteria and Technical Specifications
- conducting CIP construction inspections
- oversight of the various Permits for Public Works.
- The most commonly applied for Public Works Permits include Land Disturbance Permits and Right of Way Permits. All Permits for Public Works can be applied for on the City Online Permit Portal.
Ongoing Capital Improvement Projects:
For questions on Capital Improvement Projects email or call 816.439.4503
Public Improvement Plan Review
City Engineering staff in conjunction with the Department of Planning and Development review development plans to ensure they meet the minimum threshold of Adequate Public Facilities. Adequate Public Facilities are required per the Chapter 30 of the Code of the City of Liberty.
In order to be approved Public Improvements Plans (PIP's) are required to:
- follow the Procedure for Public Improvement Plan Submittals.
- adhere to the respective City of Liberty minimum design criteria such as:
For questions on Public Improvements Plan Submittals and Review email or call 816.439.4503
Annual Consultant Prequalification
The City of Liberty is performing annual prequalification's for professional engineering, architectural, geotechnical and land survey consultants who wish to provide professional services to the City of Liberty.
Consultants wishing to be Pre-Qualified for design/consulting services must follow the guidelines established in the Request for Annual Statement of Qualifications/Interest.
Submissions shall be received no later than January 31 of each calendar year for that calendar year (For calendar year 2023, submittals shall be received no later than August 1, 2023). The submittal shall be delivered and addressed as follows:
City of Liberty - Annual Statement of Qualification/Interest
101 E Kansas St
Liberty, MO 64068
Attn: John Findlay, City Engineer
If you have any questions regarding this process or have missed the submission deadline and would still like to submit a Pre-Qualification Packet, please contact the office of the City Engineer, John Findlay at email.