Join the Liberty PD
Liberty Police Officers build partnerships with the citizens, businesses and community partners in Liberty to reduce crime, foster positive relationships between our officers and the people we serve. Officers respond to calls, investigate incidents, crimes against persons and property, analyze evidence, perform tactical operations and much more. Officers’ duties vary by assignment and shift.
Life with Liberty PD
Our police officers work a 12-hour rotating schedule, depending on shift assignment. Officers are paid time and one-half for assigned overtime, and all personnel are subject to overtime assignments as necessary.
Initial assignments are typically with the patrol division, which is staffed 24 hours a day by four squads. Liberty Police Officers bid their shift annually based on seniority. Transfers or assignments to specialized units such as investigations, Crisis Intervention Team, SWAT, or Traffic Safety are based on departmental and unit needs.
Pay and Benefits
The City of Liberty serves the public with integrity while offering its employees harmonious work/life balance, flexibility, self-directed work and great benefits all within a highly collaborative environment.
Entry-level, POST-certified police officers earn $45,000 annually. The City of Liberty offers health and dental insurance and defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. The City also offers paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick leave, employee assistance programs and a wellness program.
Are You Qualified?
Anyone interested in becoming a Liberty police officer must meet minimum eligibility requirements. Applicants must:
- Hold US citizenship
- Be 21 years or older at time of hire
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pass all required testing and interviews
- Pass an extensive background check
- Be available to work shifts, weekends and holidays
College credit, service in the US military or Class A police officer experience is preferred. If no longer active in the military, must have had an honorable discharge.
What does the Application Process include?
- First, apply for an open position.
- After all applications are reviewed, a recruiter will contact selected candidates to schedule testing.
- The City of Liberty requires a pre-employment drug test and criminal background/records check for all jobs.