The 5-member Economic Development Sales Tax Board considers economic development plans, projects and development area designations and provide recommendations to the City Council. The board also reviews the City's Economic Development Sales Tax budget and determines if the budget and included programs adhere to voter intent. The board includes three members who are appointed to 2-year terms by the Mayor, with consent of the majority of the City Council. The Liberty Public Schools District and the Clay County Commission each appoint a member to serve 4-year terms.
- Vacant, City Appointee
- Wes Blanton, City Appointee (Term expires 4/1/2025)
- Gene Gentrup, City Appointee (Term expires 4/1/2025)
- Dr. Drew Marriott, School District Appointee (Term expires 4/1/2027)
- County Appointee - Vacant
The Economic Development Tax Board was created after Liberty voters approved a 3/8 cent Economic Development Sales Tax on November 4, 2014 ballot.
- Extend South Liberty Parkway from Withers Road to M-291. (completed)
- Invest and improve streets, sidewalks, crosswalks and below-ground infrastructure in historic downtown Liberty. Downtown Reconstruction Project» (completed)
This tax will sunset in 2035.