The mission of the City of Liberty Tourism Committee is to administer the funds of the Transient Guest Tax to attract visitors to Liberty. These funds can be used in a variety of tourism-related initiatives to uphold the initiative’s voter intent, including:
- Marketing and promoting Liberty
- Development and installation of wayfinding signs
- Supporting Liberty’s festivals and special events
- Providing funding for public art
The Tourism Committee will meet quarterly to discuss the status of programs and budget. This is an opportunity to share successes with the group as projects / events are completed and to reevaluate programs that will not be accomplished within the calendar year.
Notice of meetings is posted in advance on the City's notice board.
- Kelley Wrenn Pozel, City Council Staff Liaison (non-voting member)
- Charles Small, Historic Downtown Liberty Representative
- Gayle Potter, Liberty Area Chamber of Commerce Representative
- Ana Knackstedt, Liberty Arts Commission Representative
- Shawn Garland, Restaurant and/or Retail Downtown Representative (Term expires 5/1/2023)
- Shawn Barber, Restaurant and/or Retail At-Large Representative (Term expires 5/1/2023)
- Brett Nieman, Hotel and/or Motel Industry Representative (Term expires 5/1/2021)
- Anna Bedinger, Attraction/Museum Representative (Term expires 5/1/2025)
The Tourism Committee offers grants each year to provide funding support to Liberty’s tourist attractions and destination events. The Tourism Grant Program helps these organizations pay for event supplies and/or advertising that would not normally be possible within the existing budget. Both non-profit organizations and locally based businesses are welcome to apply.
Monies must be used to enhance, not supplant, current events or provide funding for a new event or advertising campaign, and must be used exclusively to promote tourism.
Applications for 2022 have closed.